This is SO easy and basic. My sister Dotti made these for me years and years
ago. Dotti used the microwave; I prefer the oven and added peppers. Using the
Variations, these nachos are often a meal for us when I don't feel like cooking
- 1 bag corn chips (preferably the round ones)
- 1 block Longhorn Cheese (any cheddar would be OK, but Longhorn is a family
tradition. Though adding some pepperjack is fine.)
- Jar of mild pepper rings (one jar will do many repetitions of this recipe)
- Place 2 to 3 dozen chips on a nonsticking baking tray.
- Place a roughly 3/4 square of Longhorn cheese on each chip (cheese should
be about 1/8 inch thick)
- Place one mild pepper on top of each piece of cheese; if you have small pepper
pieces, feel free to do multiples.
- Bake at 425 for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brown 1/2 to 1 pound lean ground beef with a little onion, peppers, and chili
powder and top the chips with a little meat before adding the cheese.
- Cook a couple chicken breasts, shred, then season like the ground beef for
- Serve with chili for dipping.